WSC Pre-K thru 2nd Grade Spring 2021: PROGRAM DETAILS
Happy New Year, Weston. Thank you for your patience, we're almost done redesigning the Pre-K thru 2nd Grade program for Spring 2021. You haven't missed anything, and we expect to be able to open registration in early February. Here's what we know and what we still need to confirm:
- We're expanding the Pre-K thru 2nd Grade programs to 10 weeks, the same length as the 3rd-8th graders play
- Weekday sessions for each grade and gender will remain on the same weekday as in the Fall 2020 season (details below)
- We're working with the Rec Department and Emergency Management to create field options that would eliminate the need for 20-minute gaps between sessions - this solution would allow our youngest players to finish earlier in the evening
- If we eliminate the need for 20-minute gaps, the weekday sessions for 1st and 2nd graders will be 1 hour and 15 minutes long. Pre-K and Kindergarten sessions will be 1 hour long.
- K-2 Sunday Game Days will be in the afternoon; timing to be arranged to minimize conflict with other youth sports; watch this space!!
- Weekday sessions start the week of 5 April and end the week of 7 June
- Sunday Game Days begin on 11 April and end on 13 June
- We will play through the April public school vacation, on weekdays and Sunday Game Days
- We will not have Sunday Game Day on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend
- The weekday session scheduled for Memorial Day (Monday) will be moved to Monday, 14 June
If we are able to eliminate the need for 20-minute gaps between sessions then the weekday schedule will be:
- Pre-K (boys and girls at the same time): Tuesdays, 2:30-3:30
- Kindergarten: Wednesdays, Boys 3:30-4:30, Girls 4:30-5:30
- 1st Grade: Tuesdays, Girls 3:30-4:45, Boys 4:45-6:00
- 2nd Grade: Mondays, Boys 3:30-4:45, Girls 4:45-6:00
We're thrilled to say that Proformance, our professional coaching partner last fall, has signed on for this expanded program.
Thank you all for your interest and your patience - and as always, share your questions with us at email@example.com.